Scala/ Java Software Developer bij Lineas
We’re looking for Scala enthusiasts or people who are familiar with Java, who want to be part of our young and dynamic team. The main goal of our team is to offer data in such a way that it supports the ambitious goal of realizing the modal shift. You’ll use various tools and technologies such as Scala, Apache Spark, git…
You’ll work together with your team members with whom you are responsible for the agile development and implementation of high-performance data platforms and ETL pipelines. The team you’ll work in is strongly inspired by the Spotify squad model; we work with autonomous and self-organizing teams. We live and breathe the agile mind-set, with a high focus on sustainable development to obtain our mission goals.
Your activities include:
- Developing data pipelines (ETL) from source applications towards a Data Warehouse
- Contributing to an advanced Analytics Platform using various open source big data technologies
- Implementing tools and frameworks for internal use by the team
Profile and skills
- You have a bachelor or master degree, preferably within IT or equal by experience
- You have a ‘yes-we-can’ and ‘hands-on’-mentality
- You value open communication
- You have a critical mind and an excellent analytic and problem-solving ability
- You are eager to learn new tools & technologies
- You want to contribute to cutting edge open source technologies
- You have experience working with Java or Scala and are a passionate programmer
- You love working using TDDYou don’t strive to be the best of the team, you strive to be the best for the team.
- You don’t mind having a drink with your colleagues from time to time
You end up in an environment where a lot of attention is given to your personal development. You will be supported by the whole team to ensure that you become an expert in the latest big data technologies.
You are based in Brussels, on walking distance from Brussels North station.
In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a company that is in full transition, Lineas offers:
- Being part of a motivated team and department
- Extensive training and coaching
- Flexible workhours and possibility to work from home
- An attractive salary package
- Freedom for initiative
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of freight transport by train. Rail transport will become increasingly more important, as it is less detrimental to the environment than traditional road transport, as well as helping solve the congestion problem on European roads. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
We believe that it is our responsibility to spearhead the modal shift: we want to convince companies to move away from transporting goods by truck and to put those goods on the rails instead. We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
To achieve these goals, Lineas needs profound decision support. Our company needs a robust and reliable data environment, which you will build together with us.