Junior Software Engineer bij THEOplayer
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will work on a variety of projects related to the THEOplayer products. This can mean working on adding functionality to the video player one day, and optimizing the analytics algorithms on the management platform the other day. All engineers at THEOplayer are both specialists and generalists, and each role is constantly evolving.
The life of a Junior Software Engineer at THEOplayer
- Work as part of the engineering team to improve the THEOplayer products
- Development of new features and extending existing ones
- Working on the customer facing software platform where customers can analyze usage statistics and manage their licenses and configurations
- Improving video player speed and memory usage
- Write clean, secure and scalable code
- Bring to the world a user-friendly video player (which doesn’t need plugins)
To be successful you need:
- A master degree in computer science
- Passionate and genius coder
- Passion for technology and hunger for knowledge
- Be capable to pick up new technologies quickly
- Healthy brains which give you technical insights
- Algorithmic insights
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
- Highly innovative out-of-the-box thinker
- Team player, but you also have the ability to work without constant coaching
- Tons of energy, passion, humor and enthusiasm
- Loving the challenges and atmosphere of a startup environment
- A versatile full-time job in the animated city Leuven.
- A competitive salary with plenty of extra benefits.
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up conquering the world.
- A place to learn and get in touch with the cutting edge of web development
- The company itself is doing exceptionally well. For career-motivated people, there will be upward mobility
- A stimulating working environment
- Nice and passionate colleagues
- Flexible hours
- Regular and fun team activities
THEOplayer is the world’s most comprehensive HTML5 based video player for streaming content on the web. With THEOplayer, video publishers can use a single video player with a single streaming protocol to reach all the different popular platforms and devices. It removes the need for plug-ins such as Flash or Silverlight, or streaming video content with multiple protocols, and dramatically simplifies distributing video content online. We are a fast-growing SaaS company, located in Leuven (Belgium), with a global customer base.