DevOps Engineer bij ONTOFORCETopjob
Do want to be part of the semantic web revolution and be on top of the big data wave? Then join us. We are ONTOFORCE, a Belgian company and global leader in the development of groundbreaking semantic search technologies. Our user-friendly search platform DISQOVER makes unique links between data sources, enabling everyone to have the right information at their fingertips.
We’re now looking for a talented and highly motivated DevOps Engineer to join our team. You will responsible for the security, setup, sanity and maintenance of the internal and customer facing IT infrastructure of ONTOFORCE
The requirements of our products and the expectations of our customers are of the highest level, and we expect the same from all our colleagues. If you have outstanding IT skills, are service minded and eager to learn the latest technologies, then this job could be really you.
At ONTOFORCE, we adhere to an agile development environment, giving every co-worker a high degree of freedom, room for initiative and the possibility to take up responsibility.
Your job will consist of:
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability and security
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- A Master’s degree or Bachelor degree in computer science/informatics, engineering, (or equivalent by experience)
- Proven working experience in in all aspects of linux administration.
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., bash, Python)
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Managing and scripting of cloud solutions like AWS and Azure
- Proficient in SQL database administration (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Experience with virtualization and/or containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with monitoring systems (Zabbix or equivalent)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Solid networking knowledge (Network topologies, network security, setup and maintenance of VPN. Managing of DNS)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
People we love to work with are…
- Fast learners
- Result and solution driven
- Team players
What we give you in return
- Competitive salary
- Develop with the latest tools, libraries, frameworks, and workflows with a highly qualified team
- Rewarding work, knowing you’re working on something that will have a great impact on businesses and social life in the near future.
- Work together with passionate people who put team before ego.
ONTOFORCE creates and implements pioneering semantic search technology for information management. Our user-friendly data search platform DISQOVER builds uniquely intelligent links between heterogeneous data sources, allowing everybody to become a data scientist.
ONTOFORCE enjoys the support of well-reputed research institutes such as iMinds, UCSD (University of California, San Diego), MMLab University Ghent (BE), MIT and Harvard Catalyst Group.
Our mission is to Effortless extract “information” from public, third party and private big data and present them in a way they can be easily interpreted and used to support smart decisions. Because more data means more insights, more innovation and, ultimately, more patients being helped.