Data Scientist bij Parkd
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig. Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
- Become part of an ambitious scale up, with unlimited opportunities;
- Competetive benefits and financial compensation.
We are Parkd, a scale up with ambitions to disrupt the world of parking. Parkd is a team of young, energetic, highly motivated people. Our company culture highlights quick thinking, open discussion, emergent order and experimentation. We don’t care much for job-titles or hierarchies: We all work to build the best product we can build.
We use exciting new technologies to build our own bespoke software solutions. We already have thousands of vehicles driving around using Parkd.
We have a very pretty office in an authentic historic warehouse in Antwerp and another office in the CIC in Rotterdam.