Data Engineer bij Dataroots
At dataroots we are working on a range of analytics projects where we apply our statistical, mathematical, programming and visualizations skills in order to create tailored solutions for our customers. We pride ourselves on delivering effective and value adding results.
You will be one of the first data engineers to join the team of dataroots and as such will be able to play a significant role in our further growth.
Our clients currently include companies in the finance, healthcare, online, recruitment and marketing space.
Who are we looking for?
- A proven track record in data architecture, infrastructure and/or productionalization, either in a commercial or research setting
- Excellent knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem
- The ability to support the deployment of analytical solutions
- Knowledge of big data infrastructure related ETL tools
- Ability to integrate machine learning models in a big data infrastructure (e.g. MLlib, H2O)
- Good communication skills are essential
- Data wrangling prowess; you’re not afraid of working with high volume and/or untidy data
- Expert knowledge of Java, Scala and Python, the ability to learn new techniques is key (e.g. R)
- Knowledge on cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) and big capabilities is a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a quickly evolving environment
- Interested in tutoring others on your area of expertise
- Involvement in the open-source community is a plus
- Located in Belgium, strong level of English and either Dutch or French
- Driver’s license
- 1+ years of experience
Above all we are looking for someone with a willingness to learn and who is curious to explore new techniques and domains.
What will you get in return?
- A competitive salary package (including fringe benefits)
- Flexible working hours (if the project allows it)
- A personal training/development budget
- Top notch hardware for analytics and home use
- A startup environment and the ability to grow with the company
ANALYTICS IS OUR PASSION!
We all have a different background and a different story of how we got here. The thing that connects us is that we have a passion for analytics.
Having a broad range in backgrounds allows us to deliver projects from start to end in various domains. It also allows us to use different types of software, programming languages, analytical techniques and data infrastructure. We are firm believers in the "pick the best tool for the job at hand" mantra.
Want to get to know us? Give us a call, shoot us an e-mail or come by our offices for a cup of coffee!
FOCUS ON DELIVERING SOLUTIONS
At dataroots we pride ourselves on our ability to also consistently take this next step and combine this with our experience in making results as easily accessible as possible for the end user.